Let's Iron This Out
High absorbency, more convenience and a gentle formula - that's what this iron supplement provides.
Proferrin from Colorado Biolabs is a heme iron polypeptide. Heme iron may have a better absorption rate than non-heme iron supplements. Because of that, heme iron may also give you fewer of the common side effects from iron, such as stomach irritation and constipation.
- Natural form of iron derived from animal sources
- May cause fewer gastrointestinal side effects
- Higher absorption rate: Increased serum iron up to 23 times greater than ferrous fumarate(1)*
- Can be taken with or without meals
You normally get iron from the foods you eat. It becomes part of the hemoglobin in your blood, which carries oxygen throughout the body. It's also found in myoglobin, which helps your muscles store oxygen.
If you want to maintain healthy iron levels, ask your healthcare practitioner if you could try supplementing your diet with Proferrin. It contains natural iron sources to help you get the right amount of this important mineral.
1 tablet contains:
Iron 10.5mg (58%DV)
---(as Proferrin Heme Iron Polypeptide)
Other Ingredients: microcrystalline cellulose, croscarmellose sodium, silicon dioxide, calcium stearate, povidone, and green coating (polyvinyl alcohol, polyethylene glycol, talc, FD&C yellow #5 (aluminum lake), FD&C blue #2 (aluminum lake), titanium dioxide).
Adults: One tablet taken up to three times per day or as recommended by a healthcare professional.
Accidental overdose of iron containing products is a leading cause of fatal poisoning in children under 6. Keep this product out of the reach of children. In case of accidental overdose, call a doctor or poison control center immediately.
1. Seligman, et. al. Nutrition Research 2000;20:1279-86
2. Uzel, et. al. Seminars in Hematology 1998;35:27-34
3. Sharma, et. al. Southern Medical Journal 2004;97:887-9